BEING AN ARTIST... BEYOND A MUSICIAN
Franck Angelis | Watcheslav Semyonov | Diana Freire
Franck Angelis was born in 1962 in Melun, France, starting very young to study accordion. In addition to accordion, Franck Angelis also studied piano and won a gold medal in the contest in which he participated.
Requested by many composers, he participated in several crea-tions ("Miss Bernard Cavanna", "Music Festival" of Strasbourg) and recorded for soundtracks of films like "Jeanne and Marvelous Boys" music by Philip Miller, "One World Among Two" Bernard Cavanna.
He participates in several national and international juries (World Cup, World Trophy, Castelfidardo Prize, etc.) and some of his com-positions are reference pieces.
Obletivos da Masterclass:
- Respeito pelo estilo da obra e do compositor
- Interpretação gestual
- “Touché” e técnicas
- Domínio do fole na interpretação das peças
- “Touché” – Como abordar o teclado
- Manuseamento do fole
- Envolvimento do corpo na interpretação
- Sentir para além de tocar
- Aplicação a vários estilos musicais
- Domínio de dinâmicas
- Interpretação gestual
- Musicalidade e respeito pela obra e compositor
PROF. FRANK ANGELIS
Wyatcheslav Semyonov was born in 1946 in the city of Trubchevsk having studied accordion at Rostov Art College and Gnessin's Musi-cal Pedagodical Institute in Moscow.
He is one of the most renowned accordionists in the world. He has toured the World playing in more than 30 countries form-ing for some years the Duo Semyonov with his wife Natália Se-myonov.
Professor of great merit has won, with his students, the largest and most prestigious awards.
As composer he is considered one of the maximum exponents of the composition for accordion. Some of his scores are world refer-ences in the repertoire of accordion.
He has participated as a jury member in several national and inter-national competitions.
Objectivos da Masterclass
- Audição de programa
- Trabalho de fraseado e interpretação das peças
- Técnica, domínio de fole e som
- Esclarecimento de dúvidas colocadas pelos participantes
- “Fraseado” - Mensagem
- Técnicas de manuseamento do fole
- Técnicas de teclado
- Melhorar e entender a interpretação
- Domínio de dinâmicas / efeitos sonoros
- Ir ao encontro de estilos e épocas
- Musicalidade, sentir, entender
PROF. WATCHESVAL SENYONOV
Diana Freire is certified in Ayurvedic Naturopathy, currently at-tending the Traditional Ayurvedic Massage Course.
In an intensive and exclusive way, she has dedicated herself to Yoga whose origins date back to India and to its philosophy of life, just like the two courses previously mentioned.
As a musician that she has long been she realized the difficulty felt by all those who have to perform at concerts or contests, from the emotional state changed by the conditions of "pressure" instilled by the responsibility of not failing.
This is how, for the first time in Portugal, two sessions of "Yoga For Musicians" will be carried out so that we can start a fantastic activ-ity that, in strengthening the body, avoids possible injuries, main-tains a healthy posture and, will help to keep fears and anxiety away from our participants when they have to reveal their skills, their capabilities on stage - or out of it.
- Learn balance asanas that help improve concentration and memory.
- Develop muscular strength and agility for better musical technique and resistance against possible injuries.
- Try fortifying and restorative asanas that help manage anxiety before a performance.
- Cultivate a general well-being of spirit, mind and body, integrating the practice of Yoga in daily life.
Musicians and music teachers however, are open to the general public since the practice of Yoga, even though it is more specific in this particular case, is beneficial and advised to anyone.
Comfortable clothing that allows the person to bend and stretch. Yoga mat, if possible.
YOGA PARA MÚSICOS
On the 1st and 2nd of June 2017, the Associação de Acordeão de Portugal will carry out 3 Masterclasses, inviting two highly respected teachers, composers and concert musicians - W. Semyonov and F. Angelis - and for the first time in Portugal, we will have two sessions of Yoga for Musicians, directed by Diana Freire.
The first two Masterclasses are based on technical correction, interpretation and mastery of the program (s) presented by the participants. The Yoga For Musicians sessions intend to transmit and practice breathing techniques and mental control in the sense of each participant's power to improve concentration and memory, develop muscle strength and agility for better musical technique and resistance against possible injuries and also manage anxiety before a performance.
These Masterclasses are integrated in the 21st ACCORDION’S INTERNATIONAL WEEK "Alcobaça 2017" (May 27th to June 4th), complementing a series of activities with highlight to the concerts (27, 28, 31st of May and 1st and 2nd of June) and The 22nd National Trophy / 3rd International Accordion Competition (3rd and 4th June).
- To be held in the small auditoriums of Cine Teatro de Alcobaça (1st and 2nd June / 2017).
- We intend this activity to be extended to students and teachers of the Accordion, regardless of the style (classical or ligeiro) that one studies or teaches.
- Each active participant will be entitled to two work sessions lasting 40 minutes each (individualized class) with Prof. Franck Angelis in one of the auditoriums and with Prof. Wyatcheslav Semyonov in another auditorium. Participants will present the program (s) they understand on the morning of June 1st under the direction of one of the teachers and in the afternoon under the direction of the other teacher. On the 2nd of June the same will be done.
- Starting at 18.00h and lasting about 90 minutes, the Yoga For Musicians session will be held under the direction of Diana Freire.
- Upon receipt of the registration forms, the timetable established for each active participant will be announced and he/she must present a piece or a program to be analyzed and worked on.
IMPORTANT: It is necessary to take into account the time of presentation of the repertoire so that the time given to each active participant (performer) is respected.
- To be able to attend the Masterclass it is necessary to fill out the application form that must be sent by May 13, 2017.
- Given that there is a limited number of participants, priority will be given to the first forms received.
- The limit number of active participants for this masterclass is 12 (twelve).
- The number of listening participants is unlimited.
Participation in the 3 Masterclasses
- 10€ Discount for ASACORD members
Max 12 Subscriptions
- 10€ Discount for ASACORD members