ALEXANDER DMITRIEV / ANÍBAL FREIRE / FRANCK ANGELIS / DIANA FREIRE
The musical talent of Alexander Dmitriev emerges at only 7 years old.
He teaches at the St. Petersburg Conservatory.
He devoted himself to writing the text "The positional fingering for the accordion" where he explains his innovative ideas on the world of accordion. Since the beginning of his career as an artist, Dmitriev has more than 2000 performances as a soloist.
Aníbal Freire is one complete musician whos been making his way with great prestige, standing out as na accordion player.
Its students have achieved some of the most prestigious national and inter-national awards.
Aníbal Freire is reguraly member of international jury in various competi-tions.
As organizer and artistic director, Aníbal Freire was responsible for many national and international accordion events.
The more famous are the International Weeks of the Accordion realized in Alcobaça’s city with mas-ter classes, international concerts and competitions.
Franck Angelis was born in 1962 in Melun, France, starting very young to study accordion. In addition to accordion, Franck Angelis also studied piano and won a gold medal in the contest in which he participated.
Requested by many composers, he participated in several creations ("Miss Bernard Cavanna", "Music Festival" of Strasbourg) and recorded for soundtracks of films like "Jeanne and Marvelous Boys" music by Philip Miller, "One World Among Two" Bernard Cavanna.
He participates in several national and international juries (World Cup, World Trophy, Castelfidardo Prize, etc.) and some of his com-positions are reference pieces.
Diana Freire is certified in Ayurvedic Naturopathy, currently at-tending the Traditional Ayurvedic Massage Course.
In an intensive and exclusive way, she has dedicated herself to Yoga whose origins date back to India and to its philosophy of life, just like the two courses previously mentioned.
As a musician that she has long been she realized the difficulty felt by all those who have to perform at concerts or contests, from the emotional state changed by the conditions of "pressure" instilled by the responsibility of not failing.
This is how, for the first time in Portugal, two sessions of "Yoga For Musicians" will be carried out so that we can start a fantastic activ-ity that, in strengthening the body, avoids possible injuries, main-tains a healthy posture and, will help to keep fears and anxiety away from our participants when they have to reveal their skills, their capabilities on stage - or out of it.
Yoga para Músicos
On June 7th and 8th 2018, an Associação de Acordeão de Portugal will carry out 4 Masterclasses, inviting 3 recognized professors - Alexander Dmitriev, Aníbal Freire, Franck Angelis - and for the second time in the International Accordion, we will have two sessions of Yoga for Musicians, directed by Diana Freire.
Technical correction, interpretation and mastery of the program (s) enunciated by themes, objectives and objectives by concepts with invited teachers, and the Yoga for Musicians session is one of the best ways to be able to transmit and practice breathing and mental control techniques so each participant can improve concentration and memory, develop muscular strength and agility to better musical technique, resistance against possible injuries and also be able to manage anxiety before a concert or audition.
These masterclasses are integrated in the 22nd SEMANA INTERNACIONAL DO ACORDEÃO "Alcobaça 2018" (June 2nd to 10th), complementing a series of activities of which we highlight the concerts (2nd, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th and 10th June) and the 23rd National Trophy / 4th International Accordion Competition (9th and 10th June).
- To be held in the large and small auditoriums of Cine Teatro de Alcobaça (June 7 and 8, 2018).
- We want this activity to be extended to students and teachers of Accordion, regardless of the (classical or ligeira) style that he/she studies or teaches.
- Each active participant will be entitled to a 50-minute work session (individualized lesson) with Prof. Alexander Dmitriev, with Prof. Aníbal Freire and Prof. Franck Angelis in different auditoriums.
- Starting at 6:00 p.m. on 7th and 8th June, the sessions for Yoga for Musicians will take place (each session will take about 90 minutes) under the direction of Profª. Diana Freire.
- Upon receipt of the registration forms, the timetable established for each active participant will be announced and he/she must present a piece or a program to be analyzed and worked on.
NOTE: It is necessary to take into consideration the time of presentation of the repertoire so that the time allotted to each active participant is respected.
- In order to attend the Masterclass it is necessary to fill out the application form, which must be sent by May 18, 2018.
- Given that there is a limited number of players' performances, priority will be given to the first forms received.
- The limit number of registrations of active participants for this masterclass is 12 (twelve).
- The number of listening participants is unlimited.
- All participants will receive a Certificate of Participation with the mention of active participant or listener participant.
ATTENTION: Active participants (performers) can also watch as listeners not only having to be a performer.
Participation in the 4 Masterclasses
- 10€ Discount for ASACORD members
Max 12 Subscriptions
- 20€ Discount for ASACORD members
Terms & Conditions:
Active participants (Performers) registration payment shall be made by wire transfer but only after ASACORD confirm via e-mail the existence of vacancy to attend the Masterclass (max 12 participants). After ASACORD confirmation, active participants should send proof of the wire transfer.
Listening participants must make the wire transfer until the 18th of May as there will be no limit of registrations for these participants (send proof of the wire transfer to info.asacord@gmail .com).
Please use this IBAN for your wire transfers:
PT50 0035 0030 00051707 330 86